Last Updated: 25 May 2023
The SERVICE is provided by GAIGAI PTE. LTD. (“GaiGai”), whose address is at 137 Cecil Street, Cecil Building #06-02, Singapore 069537.
TYPE OF SERVICES PROVIDED
GaiGai is an offline dating platform of our online Paktor mobile application, but it serves as an independent company with its own database and clientele. Our business aims to offer greater opportunities for singles to meet through organizing social events, as well as personalized dating services for those who prefer one-to-one dating.
- GaiGai Events organizes events of different themes and activities (e.g. sit down dinner, prawning, karaoke, etc) to cater to singles with different interests. We are also in partnership with an image consulting company to offer image and dating courses for our GaiGai members.
- GaiGai Match-up service conducts personalised matching services based on the process of
- Collecting an online profile of all interested users
- Verification of profile via a face-to-face meet-up with our Relationship Managers
- Searching all suitable profiles for our clients
- Matching our verified members
- Coordinate the details of the date (including reservation of restaurant/café, time and date)
- Preparing our paid members for the date
- Obtaining feedback on the date
- Following up on our clients to ensure better matching and date experience in the future.
AGREE TO ABIDE BY TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
When you use, engage or join any of the GaiGai Pte Ltd services and/or activities, you have expressly agreed to abide to all the Terms & Conditions (the “T&C”) stated by GaiGai. Here, “You” is referred to as the visitors, the clients and/or members of GaiGai. In addition, when using the Match-up service, additional guidelines or rules (the “RULES”) applicable to the Match-up service may be communicated to you from time to time. The RULES, which are binding for both GaiGai and you, shall be deemed as part of the T&C.
You expressly declare and warrant you are:
- Of a minimum legal age of 21 years old
- Single i.e. unmarried, widowed or divorced (those who are separated will not be eligible to join any of GaiGai services until the final court order or its equivalent has been granted for the dissolution of the marriage)
- Mentally and emotionally well
- Not convicted of any crimes in Singapore and/or any other countries
- Not a bankrupt
Your membership for the Match-up service is intended for your own personal use. Your membership is not transferable to others, unless explicitly permitted by GaiGai on a case-by-case basis.
Quality of Services
GaiGai primarily offers matchmaking services to introduce singles to one another. In order to ensure the quality of our services, we make sure that all profile details provided to us are as accurate as possible before sharing to the other party for matching. To do so, not only do we meet every individual personally by our team (both in-person at our office as well as video conferencing calls), we also state clearly in our company policies to declare accurate information. We also have a Code of Conduct in place to improve the dating experience when clients meet on their dates.
Accuracy of Information
- All information furnished, be it written or verbal, must be true and accurate. If any information provided by you is found to be misleading, false or inaccurate, GaiGai has the right to terminate your paid package with immediate effect and all your outstanding fees will become immediately due and payable, while all advance fees and deposits already paid shall be fully forfeited.
- As accuracy of your particulars is crucial for the nature of the services that you have subscribed to from GaiGai, you undertake to promptly inform GaiGai in writing in the event of any updates and/or changes to your personal particulars, failing which you shall be fully responsible for any and all damages, losses and claims that may be sustained by GaiGai or any third parties (including but not limited to other members or customers of GaiGai) resulting from your failure to promptly update your personal particulars.
- GaiGai does not guarantee the accuracy of information that GaiGai makes available to you (including but not limited to information regarding matches and potential dating partners introduced to you) and you will not howsoever hold GaiGai responsible or liable for any inaccuracies.
- Supporting documents may be requested from you for verification purposes, where necessary, before your package can be activated or confirmed.
- GaiGai reserves the right to conduct background or marital status checks on you, whenever necessary, during your package validity period.
- Only staff authorized by the director(s) of GaiGai have the authority to access members’ database which will therefore include your personal data. Such authorized staff are contractually obligated to protect the confidentiality of all our members.
- You acknowledge and agree that GaiGai has the right to disclose your information under the following circumstances:
- Disclose to the relevant authorities when required by the law.
- Disclose to a third party to protect the affected member in the event that someone’s health or safety is at risk or potentially being compromised.
- When defending against any allegations, claims or legal actions directed against GaiGai.
- During the validity period of your subscribed/purchased package, you may be exposed to personal information of other GaiGai members. You agree not to divulge or disclose any of such information to any other third party (including but not limited to other members of GaiGai) without prior consent of the owner(s) of such personal information, now or at any time in the future, regardless of whether this Agreement is subsisting or being terminated, and this clause shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- You may also receive certain confidential information of GaiGai, including but not limited to its pricing plans, administrative fees and personal data of GaiGai’s employees. You therefore agree to hold in strict confidentiality and not disclose to any other persons any such confidential information of GaiGai.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all your obligations of confidentiality hereunder shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- Except for your own personal use pursuant to the subject-matter and purpose thereto of a Class, you are not permitted to howsoever otherwise use or disclose any information given or shared during consultations, coaching sessions, grooming sessions, Sessions, courses, seminars and/or workshops (each a “Class”) for any profit, commercial or business purposes of any kind (including, without limitation, the use of any such information for the provision of date coaching services, life coaching services, image coaching workshops, and other commercial undertakings).
Code of Conduct
- During your interaction both verbally and in writing with other members of GaiGai, matches or dates introduced by GaiGai, and the employees of GaiGai, you agree to treat them with due respect, and shall behave according to appropriate, reasonable and socially accepted norms, practices, ethics, conduct, values and principles. Accordingly, you shall also not misuse or howsoever publicize any personal information of the other members of GaiGai, including without limitation posting their photographs on any social media site or your blog or sending or showing such photographs to any other persons (including without limitation other members of GaiGai). In the event that you materially infringe any of the provisions hereunder this Code of Conduct (including but not limited to usage of vulgarities, harass, defame, etc), your enrolled/purchased package and any Activities that you have signed up for will be suspended or terminated with immediate effect without any liability on the part of GaiGai, and GaiGai reserves the right in its sole discretion to forfeit all fees and deposits paid by you thus far as well as immediately claiming for any balance of fees thereunder the full package price that have not yet been paid. In addition, GaiGai fully reserves all right to take legal actions against such offenders and to be fully indemnified (including legal fees on a solicitor-client basis) for any claims or losses sustained as a result of the breach of the provisions hereunder this Code of Conduct.
- At no time, during the subsistence of this Agreement and thereafter, shall you make any disparaging statements, malicious remarks, or any other comments, written or verbal, that would lower the repute, image and credibility of any of GaiGai’s other members, customers, staff and GaiGai itself. This clause shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- You shall be responsible for any information you voluntarily disclose to other members or clients of GaiGai. GaiGai will not be liable for any harm, mishaps, damages or loss as a result of your own disclosure, nor any allegations or legal actions commenced against you as a result of such disclosure on your part.
- You are fully responsible for your own acts and omissions (and all consequences thereto) with regards to any other members or clients of GaiGai, regardless of whether you have attended any personal communications courses or other coaching sessions made available by GaiGai or any of its vendors/subcontractors.
- You are to use the services and participate in the Activities provided by GaiGai in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations in the country of operation.
- You are to assume your legitimate, legally recognized and true identity at all times and not impersonate any other person or entity. You shall not make fraudulent statements or howsoever attempt to cheat, mislead or scam any of GaiGai’s other members, clients and/or employees.
- You shall not use GaiGai’s services and/or Activities to promote your own business, products, or services, in particular (but not limited to) Multi-Level Marketing (“MLM”) products or services.
- You shall turn up for all dates that you have accepted not later than fifteen (15) minutes from the scheduled time, unless you have given no less than 48 hours advance written notice to GaiGai for your absence. Failure to show up later than 15 minutes from the scheduled time of a date without the aforesaid prior written notice to GaiGai will be considered as a “no-show”.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand and agree that:
- GaiGai makes no warranty that the Match-up service will fully meet your requirements and/or expectations and/or lead to a successful match and/or resulting in a relationship/marriage.
- For the creation and matching of profiles, GaiGai takes into consideration the values of each member/customer/user, including without limitation, the member’s/customer’s/user’s characteristics, background and preferences.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from GaiGai (or any of its subcontractors/vendors) at any point during the Match-up service, shall create any warranty not stated in the T&Cs, RULES or Additional Terms.
- Where other members or users misuse GaiGai’s Match-up service to provide, disseminate, advertise, promote MLM, communicate or transmit content and materials that you may not wish to be exposed to, you agree that you will not hold GaiGai howsoever responsible or liable for such acts of others (even if they are members or customers of GaiGai).
- GaiGai specifically disclaims all liability, regardless of the basis and form of action, for the acts or omission of other members, attendees and/or users of GaiGai’s services and Activities with regards to your confidential personal information (including but not limited to unauthorized users and/or third parties of the Match-up service).
- You are fully responsible for safeguarding your own personal information and determining whether you should disclose any particular personal information to another person. You should therefore consider carefully before you disclose any sensitive information that may be used by the recipient to your prejudice.
- GaiGai shall use its best endeavors to procure and set-up a date for you expeditiously, however GaiGai makes no guarantee of any kind, including but not limited to any time-frames within which a date may be set-up (regardless of whether any personnel of GaiGai may have howsoever indicated to you any timeline for a date to be set-up).
Without prejudice to sub-clauses (1) to (7) above, all services, products and Activities provided by GaiGai (or its subcontractors and vendors) are provided “AS IS”, without any direct or indirect warranties or representations, implied or express, of any kind, including but not limited to warranties as to accuracy of information, results of a long-term relationship, number of matches, number of scheduled dates, and quality of any matches or potential dates. You have the ultimate discretion as to whether you wish to utilize any services or participate in Activities, therefore you agree to bear full responsibility for any and all consequences and results.
At GaiGai, we conduct regular events and workshops for clients to find their potential life partner. These events can be found on various registration channels, including our official GaiGai website. While we understand that circumstances may change from your date of purchase of our events ticket to the actual event date, we are unable to refund in most instances as we often make commitment to our partners prior to the event. Below states our refund policy for our events:
- If a participant withdraws less than one week before the event, event credit will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
- If a participant withdraws more than one week before the event, refund request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Our team will review the financial and operational commitments we has made for the event, as well as the reason(s) for the withdrawal from the event.
- If GaiGai cancels the event, there will not be a deduction of event credit.
- Unclaimed events/workshops are non-transferable and will not be refunded.
OTHER POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
- GaiGai does not conduct the following types of transactions:
- Collect deposits from clients
- Issues vouchers to clients.
- Provide delivery and/or shipping services
- GaiGai may offer promotions and discounts for our clients at different parts of the year, or from different promotional channels. Where a discount is applicable for a sale, the discount amount will be reflected in the sales receipt.
- For clients who come to our office to complete their in-person profiling, they will be able to use both online and offline payment methods to purchase their packages. Offline methods, such as NETS and UOB POS Terminals, can be found physically in the office. On the other hand, for clients who meet our team virtually, they can access our online payment channels such as Stripe. At this point in time, we do not receive payments in foreign currencies for GaiGai.
- GaiGai is committed to avoid over or under-charging by providing an invoice that breakdown the list of items quoted to the client prior to making payment, inclusive of the GST involved. Clients will also receive an e-invoice sent to their emails with the summary of the package as well.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS OF THE REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE
GaiGai Pte Ltd declares that our collection, use, and disclosure of personal data, as well as the day-to-day business operations of the company, comply with all applicable laws in Singapore, including reporting to regulatory and industry entities.
GaiGai Pte Ltd. is a GST registered company. All package prices quoted are inclusive of 8% GST.